Foto: Good Evening Europe – Michael Thygesen og Mette Christensen
Copenhagen Pride organises Denmark’s biggest human rights events and we are recruiting a skilled Production Assistant to join our Secretariat for twelve weeks from 12 June.
Reporting to the Head of Secretariat but working closely with the Event Coordinator, the Production Assistant will support the volunteer and staff team in planning and delivering every aspect of Copenhagen Pride events in August.
This is a full-time (37 hours per week) contract from 12 June until 31 August 2023. The successful candidate will be expected to work without vacations between 1 July and 21 August and work outside of regular office hours is to be expected especially during the time that we take over Rådhuspladsen (10-21 August).
The post is based at the Copenhagen Pride office in Farvergade.
- Working with the Head of Production and Event Coordinator to organise and coordinate suppliers and orders for all production needs across the Pride event
- Lead on coordinating the design and build of Pride Square, Rainbow Square and Pride Art
- Supporting the planning and delivery of the bars operation
- During Copenhagen Pride, being a trouble shooter and problem solver and ready to respond to any unforeseen problem or circumstance
- Working with the Volunteer Team to coordinate runners and other key volunteers during the event
- Coordinate the break-down of Pride Square, Rainbow Square and Pride Art liaising with production companies, suppliers, volunteers, hired hands and cleaners
- Being an integral part of the Copenhagen Pride Secretariat, taking a collaborative approach to supporting colleagues
Your skills and experience
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Your knowledge and commitment are more important than qualifications or strict definitions of experience.
- Experience of working in live events, ideally with some experience of backstage production, electrics, light and/or sound
- A sound understanding of health and safety, minimising risk and ensuring a safe event for all volunteers, staff and visitors
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment and ability to stay calm and to bring calm to difficult situations
- Experience of working in a team and ability to take a collaborative approach
- Strong commitment to LGBTI+ equality, human rights and inclusion
- A driving licence is helpful but not essential
- Fluency in Danish and English; proficiency in other languages is a bonus
Apply to be our Production Assistant
Please send your resumé with a covering email explaining why you think this role is right for you and your motivation to join the Copenhagen Pride team, to Steve Taylor, Head of Secretariat at [email protected] no later than 1700 on Wednesday 31 May. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 6 June 2023. The successful candidate will start work on Monday 12 June.