Partnerships Ethics Policy
Copenhagen Pride values the active participation of corporate partners who provide essential support, resources, and finances to enable us to deliver our events and activities to support the LGBTI+ community in Denmark and abroad.
We are also proud to commit a proportion of all of our income from partners to our Solidarity Fund. In just the last two years this has supported LGBTI+ projects in Syria, Turkey, Afghanistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Poland, and Denmark.
As an organisation rooted in equality and human rights, our values run through everything that we do and this includes our partnership agreements. We have a high ethical standard that we apply in considering a potential partner, and we expect our partners to maintain a similarly high ethical standard. All partners must have a published statement demonstrating their commitment to LGBTI+ equality in their organisation.
An authentic commitment to LGBTI+ equality cannot be viewed through a narrow lens that excludes other human rights, social justice and equality issues, and our ethical standard reflects our unwavering commitment to the widest spectrum of equality and human rights causes.
We will not enter into partnership arrangements with partners who:
- Manufacture or promote tobacco products
- Manufacture or sell weapons or arms unless they are manufactured solely for recreational purposes (i.e. sport shooting) and subject to controlled sale to avoid their purchase by individuals, regimes, or organisations with malintent
- Promote alcohol in a way that does not meet standards set by the Danish government in relation to consumption, advertising, marketing, and age of sale
- Operate in countries where homosexuality is illegal unless the company has a company-wide policy supporting LGBTI+ employees in every country in which they operate
- Make direct financial investment in regimes or organisations that are held by international bodies to have violated or be violating human rights
- Directly violate international treaties on the protection of the environment
- Engage in unethical profiteering schemes or lending practices that target those with a low socio-economic status
This is not an exhaustive list and an assessment will be made on each potential partner or sponsor.
Partners and sponsors do not influence the policy or operation of Copenhagen Pride. In view of our commitment to transparency, all partners and sponsors are listed in full on our website.
Last updated November 2023