As a coordinator in the Volunteer Team, you will have overall responsibility in the volunteer tent during its opening hours. You won’t be there alone, as there will be two people at the check-in counter, where the coordinator can step in and help out when there is a rush (e.g. when bartenders arrive). The days will generally be split in two, so there will be two coordinators during a day. Shifts will be coordinated with the rest of the volunteer group so that we can get the tent covered as throughly as possible throughout the week.
You will be trained on how to use our volunteer system, Crewplan. It will also be the coordinator’s job to train the volunteers who will be working in the day-to-day operations.
Age: You must be at least 18.
Language: Danish is not a necessity, however, it is preferable if you can understand and speak just a little Danish, as we have volunteers who do not speak English. Similarly, English (at a conversational level) is a must, as we also have a number of volunteers who do not speak Danish.
- You should have some technical know-how, as you need to be able to use Crewplan (with training, of course) before we go live.
- You must be able to maintain an overview, even when there are suddenly 30 bartenders to be checked in.
- You must be able to put yourself in a role of responsibility and ‘step into character’ when there is a need for a leader and be able to assess when there is a need for an Area Manager to step in.
Experience: It is a plus if you have experience in some form of management, but it is not a requirement.
Working hours: Will be determined as we approach August – in agreement with you, of course.
Tasks during Pride Week:
- To open/close the Volunteer tent, depending on which shift you have
- Make sure that the tent is left in good condition for the next day
- Train the check-in staff in Crewplan
- Ensuring that items of value are removed from the tent (t-shirts, tokens and wristbands)
- Counting of t-shirts
- Miscellaneous ad hoc
Tasks outside of Pride Week in August:
- Organizing Winter Pride Week in February
- Organizing volunteer events
- Assist the volunteer group
- Possibility of being included as a substitute for the volunteer manager at meetings
If the role sounds like something for you, please send an application to [email protected], telling us about yourself, your motivation for joining the volunteer team and any experience you have. CVs are not required!