Photo: Arturo Rey via Unsplash
During Copenhagen Pride in August, tens of thousands of people visit Pride Square / Rådhuspladsen in the centre of the city. Hundreds of volunteers support our work by looking after our visitors. Our guests have a lot of hungry mouths and we want to provide high quality food options.
In a change to our practices in recent years, we are now inviting food traders to submit an expression of interest if they would like to be present in Pride Square in 2023.
Pride Square Food Traders
- Traders will encouraged to be open when Pride Square is open but as a minimum will be open and accepting orders from 1600-2200 each day between Saturday 12 and Saturday 19 August inclusive
- Subject to negotiation, the trader can operate from a container, trailer or tent
- The food offered must be high quality, using quality ingredients from sustainable suppliers; where applicable there will be options for people who follow a vegan, vegetarian and/or gluten free diet
- One space will be allocated to a vendor of coffee, tea and hot chocolate and the offer may be accompanied by pastries / cakes. This vendor may not sell cold drinks.
- Only Copenhagen Pride bars are permitted to sell drinks. Food traders may not sell any drinks nor include drinks in ‘meal deals’ or similar
- The trader must offer at least one main dish for less than 80 kr.
- The menu will be provided to Copenhagen Pride before the end of June 2023 for approval
- Traders must use wooden / bamboo / sustainable materials, and not serve any products in plastic
- Traders agree to provide Copenhagen Pride officials (approx 50 people) with a 20% discount
- Traders must accept payment by cash and card, and ideally also by MobilePay
- The trader is wholly responsible for their own insurance and public liability
- Provides the agreed space, electricity, water supply, allocated space for trash, and specified toilet for food traders
- Promotes the trader in the Copenhagen Pride app, on its website and social media
- Creates space for visitors to eat and enjoy the offer in Pride Square, including live entertainment
We act with honesty and integrity and we expect our traders to do the same. The fee payable for all food trading spaces is 12.5% of turnover. A 2.500 kr. deposit is payable by the vendor upon booking; this deposit is returned at the end of August provided the vendor attended and traded satisfactorily.
Express your interest
If you are interested in taking a trading space, please send an email detailing:
- CVR number, name, address, phone, email
- Your business history
- Sample menus and prices
- Photos of your stall at other events and festivals
- Technical requirements
- Space requirements
- Any other information
Please send this information by email to Steve Taylor, Head of Secretariat, as soon as possible.