Photographer: Julien Rolland
Copenhagen Pride is Denmark’s biggest human rights event, and we are recruiting an Event Coordinator to join our Secretariat on a short-term contract, with the possibility of extension.
As we approach Copenhagen Pride week in August, the Event Coordinator will support the Head of Secretariat in planning and executing plans for our events. This will be a busy role with huge diversity in the tasks and responsibilities, but one with huge potential for job satisfaction at seeing our events come to life.
This is a full-time (37 hours per week) contract from 1 June to 31 October 2022 with the possibility of the role becoming permanent should finances allow. The successful candidate will be expected to work full-time (without vacations) during July and August. Some work outside of regular office hours is to be expected.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure plans for events are agreed and facilities and requirements are booked and within budget
- Assisting with the activation of sponsorships and partnerships, ensuring visibility for our financial supporters
- Supporting the volunteer Area Managers in coordinating their Pride week activities
- Coordinating event information from across the different organisational pillars, ensuring all events are listed in our App and program
- General office management including welcoming visitors, dealing with merchandise sales, and preparing for events
- During the event (13-21 August) supporting the Board and Head of Secretariat with general tasks
- Assisting with the post-event administration and logistics and early preparation for Winter Pride 2023
Your skills and experience
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Your knowledge and commitment are more important than strict definitions of experience.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to self-manage workload and contribute to multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- A fast learner who is able to quickly pick up practices and processes
- Computer literacy, especially with Gmail and Google Suite applications
- Experience of working on events and/or project management
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Experience of working in a team and ability to take a collaborative approach
- Strong commitment to LGBTI+ equality, human rights and inclusion
- Fluency in Danish and English; other languages are a bonus
The ideal candidate will be able to join the organisation on 1 June. Due to the timely nature of the role, we cannot consider candidates who cannot join until after 15 June.
Apply to be our Event Coordinator
Please send your resumé with a covering email explaining why you think this role is right for you, and your motivation to join the Copenhagen Pride team, to Steve Taylor, Head of Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1700 on Friday 20 May. Please also indicate the earliest date on which you would be available to join the team.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25 May.