Safer Space Team
Copenhagen Pride’s new Safer Space Team
Our Safer Space team is located in the Safer Space tent, and can also be found around the square from 17:30 every day. You can recognize them by their bright yellow t-shirts with the text “Safety Team” on the front. They are here to make the site feel safer, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you feel uncomfortable or uneasy.
The tent will be quiet and our Safer Space Team is here to talk to you, sit with you or otherwise look after you. If you need help from Samaritans or similar, they can help you make contact. If you witness inappropriate or discriminatory behavior, please reach put to the team, who will pass it on to the relevant parties.
When the tent is not open, please contact the volunteer tent if you need help.
- No phobias and no shaming! This also includes homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, queerphobia, racism, ableism, sizeism and shaming of any sexual behaviour
- Avoid assuming anything about somebody’s gender, body or sexuality
- Respect people’s names and pronouns. If you are in doubt, ask.
- No staring and no indiscretions
- If you are asked to avoid certain words or terms, please respect that
- Remain conscious of your own privilege and position
- Do not question lived experiences
- Be open-minded, inclusive and respectful.