As Head of Culture at Copenhagen Pride, you will be responsible for Copenhagen Pride’s cultural collaborations and the culture group.
Your tasks include facilitating cultural collaborations, planning cultural content, seeking out new collaborations, and leading a volunteer culture team, including defining volunteer roles and responsibilities.
Collaborations could be the MIX LGBTQIA+ film festival, queer exhibitions in museums, art in urban spaces, film programmes in the city’s cinemas, etc. These collaborations will mainly be centred around Winter Pride in February and Pride Week in August, but can take place throughout the year.
In addition, there will be a coordinating role in the curated and self-produced elements during both Winter Pride and Pride Week.
- Close collaboration with programme area managers including Human Rights, Youth, and Children & Families
- Co-operation with the secretariat
- Ongoing contact with cultural institutions
- Participate in a monthly meeting with the other area managers
- Prepare the budget and manage finances
- Coordinate the roles and tasks of the culture team
- Lead the evaluation of the annual activities
- Fluent in Danish and English (not a requirement, but an advantage)
- Experience working with cultural institutions.
- Basic understanding of project management.
- Good overview and ability to keep a cool head.
- Commitment to LGBTI+ equality, human rights and inclusion.
What we offer:
- The role as an area manager is voluntary and thus unpaid. We offer you the resources to create memorable experiences for our audience, a part of a community with ample opportunity for sparring and exchanging experiences as well as a friendly environment with social events throughout the year.
If you think you are the right person for the position, please send an email with your CV and motivation to Benjamin Hansen (organisational chairperson) at [email protected] by 19 November.