Copenhagen Pride is Denmark’s biggest human rights event and we are recruiting an Event Coordinator to join our Secretariat.
The Event Coordinator will support the Head of Secretariat and senior volunteers in planning and executing plans for our events, primarily Copenhagen Pride in August but also Winter Pride in February. This will be a busy role with huge diversity in the tasks and responsibilities, but one with huge potential for job satisfaction at seeing our events come to life.
This is a full-time (37 hours per week) ongoing contract. The successful candidate will be expected to work full-time (without vacations) during July and August. Some occasional work outside of regular office hours is to be expected throughout the year.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure plans for events are agreed and facilities and requirements are booked and within budget
- Leading on liaison with authorities including Københavns Kommune, Frederiksberg Kommune, Politi and others
- Supporting the volunteer Area Managers in coordinating their Pride week activities
- Coordinating event information from across the different organisational pillars, and liaising with our communications manager
- General office management including welcoming visitors, dealing with merchandise sales, and preparing for events
- During event weeks in February and August, supporting the Board and Head of Secretariat with general tasks
Your skills and experience
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Your knowledge and commitment are more important than strict definitions of experience.
- Significant experience of live events and event planning and production
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to self-manage workload and contribute to multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- A fast learner who is able to quickly pick up practices and processes
- Computer literacy, especially with Gmail and Google Suite applications
- Basic understanding of project management and methods of recording tasks and progress
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment and ability to stay calm and to bring calm to difficult situations
- Experience of working in a team and ability to take a collaborative approach
- Strong commitment to LGBTI+ equality, human rights and inclusion
- Fluency in Danish and English; other languages are a bonus
Apply to be our Event Coordinator
Please send your resumé with a covering email explaining why you think this role is right for you, and your motivation to join the Copenhagen Pride team, to Steve Taylor, Head of Secretariat at [email protected] no later than 1700 on Monday 10 October. Interviews will be held on 13 October.
Photo: Eric Prouzet / Unsplash