As Head of Parade at Copenhagen Pride, you will be in charge of running Denmark’s largest and most colourful human rights manifestation, which for more than 25 years has brought the fight for equality and diversity to the streets of Frederiksberg and Copenhagen.
Your tasks will include leading a volunteer parade team that will plan the parade during the spring and work to ensure that everything runs smoothly in August. You’ll be responsible for recruiting volunteers to work during the parade and creating job descriptions for all volunteer roles. In addition, you’ll ensure that volunteers receive all the necessary info leading up to and during the event.
You will participate in the selection of parade participants and in collaboration with the secretariat, you will prepare the necessary information for the participants.
- Close co-operation with security, secretariat and partner consultants.
- Participate in staff meetings with the authorities.
- Participate in a monthly meeting with the other area managers.
- Prepare a budget and manage finances.
- Coordinate entertainment at Frederiksberg City Hall and along the route.
- Lead the evaluation, vision, and values for the parade.
- Fluent in Danish and English.
- Experience working with large public events.
- Basic understanding of project management.
- Good overview and ability to keep a cool head.
- Commitment to LGBTI+ equality, human rights, and inclusion.
What we offfer:
- The role as an area manager is voluntary and thus unpaid. We offer you the resources to create memorable experiences for our audience, a part of a community with ample opportunity for sparring and exchanging experiences as well as a friendly environment with social events throughout the year.
If you think you are the right person for the position, please send an email with your CV and motivation to Benjamin Hansen (organisational chairperson) at [email protected] by 19 November.